Frequently Asked Questions
- I've had an accident. What is the first thing I need to do?
First, call the police and have a report made.
Second, if not driveable, call us at 936-564-3424 and we will come tow your vehicle. If the police already have a tow truck in route, just advise them to take the vehicle to Collision Specialist.
Lastly, call your insurance company and file a claim. They will instruct you on what steps to take. Some insurance companies will have their own adjuster come out and write an estimate while others will direct you to a repair shop to have an estimate written.
- Do I have to go where my insurance company directs me?
No. You have the right to choose the body shop that will repair your vehicle.
- Am I required by law to have more than one estimate for my insurance company?
No. You are not required by law to get more than one estimate from any licensed body shop.
- Do I need an appointment for an estimate?
No, an appointment is not necessary. However, setting an appointment will get you serviced quicker.
- Where do I get a claim number?
Claim numbers are issued by your insurance company at the time you report your accident. Write it down and bring it with you when you come in to begin the repair process. We will do the rest.
- What if the insurance company already wrote an estimate?
Present their estimate to the body shop for review to ensure all damages are addressed. We will address any missed or hidden damages directly with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Will I be able to get a rental car?
If you need a rental car, contact your insurance company. In order for the insurance company to pay for a rental car, you must have that option on your policy or be the claimant on the other party's insurance policy.
- Can I leave my vehicle at the shop when I come for the estimate?
In some cases, the vehicle can be left with us at the time the estimate is written. However, in order to provide the most efficient service, we prefer to order your parts first and then schedule the vehicle in after the parts are received.
- If my vehicle's frame is damaged, is it a total loss?
With the computerized frame machines and certified technicians we have on staff, most frame damage can be repaired. It will be up to the insurance company to determine whether the vehicle is damaged badly enough to be considered a total loss.
- Can you match the paint color?
Yes. We have a mixing station that uses a high-powered computer and camera system that allows us to match and mix paint to any possible color.
- How long will my car be in the shop for repairs?
We can "estimate" your repair time in the shop barring additional parts needed or hidden damages found during the repair process.
- Will I be kept informed while my car is in the shop?
Yes, we will keep you informed every step of the way by the method of your choosing.
- Do I pay my deductible to you or my insurance company?
Upon completion of the repairs, when you come to pick up your vehicle, we collect the deductible on behalf of the insurance company.
- Is there a warranty on the repairs to my vehicle?
Yes. We offer a lifetime warranty on all paint and body repairs we perform.